Have you ever been to a sushi restaurant? If you have and found you observing and copying the other people visiting the restaurant, then there is nothing to be surprised about. When it comes to dining at a Japanese restaurant, even the traditional Japanese are sometimes not so sure about the particular etiquettes to follow.
There is a Japanese etiquette guide for almost everything, whether it is wearing a tuxedo or dining at a sushi restaurant. Here in this article, we have discussed a few tips on sushi manners that summarize a few things and also render an insight as to what all confuses the sushi customers.
How to order at a Sushi Restaurant?
- Before you order either talk to the waiter attending you about your budget and what he can receive from the chef in that, or make your request from the diet-menu of the restaurant. Make sure that you always start with a lighter flavor and then move on to stronger ones.
- Although salmon is the popular choice for many people, ordering only salmon dishes and dismissing all other food items is considered bad. Therefore it is always better to order different food choices.
How to eat Sushi?
- Make sure that you eat the sushi as soon as it is kept in front of you.
- Make sure you eat it with chopsticks and if you don’t know how to use them, don’t hesitate to use your hands.
- Another thing to make sure is that you eat the complete sushi at a time. If you find it too big to eat in one mouthful then you must ask to cut it into a smaller portion.
- You also must be careful while dipping the sushi into soy sauce. Make sure that only the neta or the fish topping is touched to the soy sauce and not the rice. This is because the rice absorbs the soy sauce and may crumble the roll. Plus you should not tilt the entire sushi roll into the soy sauce.
What to Avoid
- Avoid drowning your sushi in loads of soy sauce. This will not let the taste of sushi come up and you will just have the taste of soy sauce in your mouth.
- Avoid wearing small scents when planning to dine at a sushi restaurant.
- Make sure that you just don’t show off your knowledge on sushi. Show some respect and humility to the chef and be sure of being treated nicely.
Sushi Express Café is the best sushi restaurant in Dubai. You can get to taste authentic Japanese dishes prepared by experienced chefs. The quiet ambiance of the restaurant makes you actually feel as you are dining somewhere in Japan. Moreover, the courteous staff will help you in case you have any kind of doubt in selecting from the Japanese menu.